The Circle Foundation (hereinafter referred to as the "Foundation") values users' personal information and complies with relevant laws such as the "Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection" and the "Personal Information Protection Act."
This policy is effective from July 16, 2018, and if it is revised, it shall be notified on the website notice (or individual notice in writing, e-mail, phone, SMS, etc.).
The privacy policies of the Foundation include the following:
1. Personal information items to be collected and methods of collection
2. Purpose of collection and use of personal information
3. Period of retaining and utilizing collected personal information
4. Procedure and methods of destruction of personal information
5. Consignment of personal information processing
6. Matters concerning the provision of personal information to third parties
7. Rights of users and legal representatives and method of exercising rights
8. Installation, operation, and rejection of personal information auto collection devices
9. Securing the safety of personal information
10. Personal information manager and the department in charge
1. Personal information items to be collected and methods of collection
(1) Items of Personal Information to be Collected
The Foundation collects the following personal information from users when they use services.
|① Website(required information)||
Logging into the website : SNS unique identifier, name, email address, profile picture
Application for O-Prize: SNS unique identifier, name, e-mail address, contact information, affiliated organization
Application for O-Prize: SNS unique identifier, name, e-mail address, contact information, Date of birth, affiliated organization
|② Facebook and Instagram (optional information)||
Participation in Facebook and Instagram giveaways and promotional events : name, Facebook URL, Instagram URL, contact information, address
Collection according to the legal basis (processing of taxes and public charges and taxes): resident registration number
※ The contents of this website can be freely accessed without a separate membership subscription procedure. However, we do collect some personal information about applicants.
※ In principle, the Foundation does not collect personal information of users under the age of 14. In case of unavoidable collection of personal information from persons under the age of 14 for the use of the service, we will obtain the consent of a legal representative in advance, destroy the information without delay as soon as the related work is completed, and thoroughly manage personal information during the operation.
※ The following personal information may be generated and collected automatically in the course of using the service:
- Service usage records, access logs, cookies
(2) Collection method of personal information
- Collection through the website, written form, telephone, e-mail, bulletin board, etc., and participation in Facebook and Instagram giveaways and promotional events.
※ The Foundation has a procedure in which users can select "I agree" or "I do not agree" in regard to the consent to the collection and use of personal information.
2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
The Foundation uses the collected personal information for the following purposes:
|① Member management||
Personal identification and posting : SNS unique identifier, name, email address
Contest management process including the submission of proposals, notification of successful applicants, and announcements about event participation:
|② Prize Delivery||
Identification of winners and delivery of prizes and event winners for Facebook and Instagram giveaways and promotional events : Name, Facebook URL, Instagram URL, contact information, address.
Collection according to the legal basis (processing of taxes and public charges and taxes) : resident registration number
3. Period of Retaining and Utilizing Collected Personal Information
In principle, the Foundation shall destroy the information without delay if it has not been used for more than one year. Personal information such as contact information, date of birth, and affiliated organization provided to participate in the contest shall be destroyed within one year after the end of the screening process, and personal information such as name, contact information, address, and resident registration number provided for gift delivery shall be destroyed within three months after collection. However, if it is necessary to preserve it in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations, the Foundation keeps the member information for a certain period of time as stipulated by the relevant laws and regulations. In such cases, the Foundation shall transfer the relevant personal information to a separate database or store it in a different storage location.
4. Procedure and Methods of Destruction of Personal Information
The Foundation shall destroy the personal information without delay after the period of possession has passed or when the purpose of processing personal information is fulfilled. However, even in such a case, if personal information needs to be kept for a certain period according to the relevant laws, it shall be moved to a separate database and stored (in the case of paper, a separate document box). The personal information transferred to the database shall not be used for any other purpose unless required by the laws.
The destruction procedure and method are as follows:
(1) Destruction procedure
The Foundation shall select the personal information for which the reason for destruction occurred, and destroy the personal information with the approval of the Foundation's personal information protection manager.
(2) Destruction method
The Foundation shall destroy personal information recorded or stored in the form of electronic files using a method such as a low-level format so that the records cannot be reproduced. The personal information printed on paper shall be destroyed by shredding or incineration.
5. Consignment of Personal Information Processing
The Foundation shall consign some of the processing of personal information, if necessary, to provide a smooth service. as follows: Personal information processing consignment is performed for each consignment Foundation only when necessary for the implementation of each individual service. In order to ensure the safety of personal information protection in consignment contracts, the Foundation shall follow the instructions related to personal information protection, keep personal information confidential, limit re-consignment, prohibit the processing of personal information other than for the purpose of performing consigned tasks, and provide it to a third party, and clearly stipulate the liability in case of an accident, consignment period, and return or destruction of personal information after processing is completed, and supervise the consignee to handle personal information safely. In the event of changes to the consignee or the consigned tasks, the Foundation shall notify users through the website notice (or individual notice via written notice, e-mail, phone, SMS, etc.).
|Name of consignee||Contents of consigned tasks|
|Hakuda Co., Ltd.||
Handling of personal information for online/offline promotional event operation and gift delivery
Handling of personal information to respond to participant's inquiries and provide guidance on event procedure (workshop, awards ceremony, etc.) and event participation
Handling of personal information including name, contact information, and email for website member registration/management
|Technovation Partners Co., Ltd.||Handling of personal information to respond to contest participants' inquiries, event procedures (workshop, awards ceremony, etc.)|
6. Matters Concerning the Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
In principle, the Foundation does not provide users’ personal information to an external party or a third party without the consent of the user. However, exceptions are made in the following cases:
- In case there is a special regulation in the statute or there is a request from the investigation agency in accordance with the procedures and methods set forth in the act of investigation
- When it is necessary for the settlement of payment for a service
- When providing in a form that cannot identify a specific individual for statistical preparation, academic research, or market research
- In case of emergencies such as disasters, infectious diseases, events or accidents that cause imminent danger to life or body, imminent property loss, etc.
- When users consent in advance
7. Rights of Users and Legal Representatives and Method of Exercising Rights
Users and their legal representatives may request to view/correct/delete personal information/suspend processing/withdraw consent at any time in relation to the registered user or his/her personal information. The above right can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com, and the Foundation will take action without delay. The Foundation may refuse to view/correct/delete/suspend the processing of all or part of personal information in the following cases:
- When viewing/deletion or suspension of processing is prohibited or restricted in accordance with the law
- If there is a risk of harming the life or body of another person or unfairly infringing on the property and other interests of another person
- In the event that it is difficult to fulfill the agreement, such as not being able to provide the service agreed with the user, if the personal information is not processed, and the user does not clearly indicate his/her intention to terminate the agreement.
When a user requests the correction of errors in personal information, the Foundation shall not use the personal information until the correction is completed. In addition, if incorrect personal information has already been provided to a third party, the corrected information shall be immediately notified to the third party so that necessary corrections can be made. Personal information deleted/suspended at the request of users or their legal representatives shall be processed only for the purpose prescribed by the law as stated in the “Processing and the Retention Period of Personal Information” even if the processing of the information is unavoidable in order to comply with legal obligations or special regulations, and shall be processed so that it cannot be viewed or used for any other purpose. Please enter your personal information accurately and up to date. Users are responsible for accidents caused by inaccurate information entered by users, and if they enter false information, such as stealing other people's information, membership may be forfeited. Users have a duty to protect themselves and not to infringe on the information of others along with the right to have their personal information protected. Be careful not to leak your personal information, including passwords, and be careful not to damage other people's personal information, including postings. If you fail to fulfill this responsibility and damage the information and dignity of others, you may be subject to punishment under the "Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection."
8. Installation, Operation, and Rejection of Personal Information Auto Collection Devices
The Foundation shall operate cookies that frequently store and find users' information. A cookie is a very small text file sent to the user's browser by the server used to operate the Foundation's website and is stored on the user's computer hard disk.
: Target marketing and personalized services are provided by implementing an automatic login function, analyzing the access frequency and visit time of members and non-members, identifying users' tastes and interests and tracking traces, and identifying the degree of participation in various events and number of visits, etc.
(2) How to reject cookie settings
Users have the option to install cookies. Therefore, by setting options in the web browser, users can accept all cookies, check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to save all cookies. However, if the user refuses to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing the service.
[How to set cookies]
- In case of using Internet Explorer 11: Select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu. Click the “Privacy tab”. Use "Settings" to set the cookie acceptance level that suits you.
- In case of using Google Chrome: Click the "⋮" sign (Customize and Control Chrome) in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser and select "Settings." Click the “Privacy and Security” tab and select “Cookies and other site data” to set the cookie acceptance level that suits you.
[How to view received cookies]
- In case of using Internet Explorer 11: Select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu. Click the "General" tab, go to "Settings" of "Search History," and check through "View File."
- In case of using Google Chrome: Click the "⋮" sign (Customize and Control Chrome) in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser and select "Settings." Click the “Privacy and Security” tab and select “Cookies and other site data” Check in the "All Cookies and other site data" section.
How to reject cookie settings
- In case of using Internet Explorer 11: Select “Internet Options” from the “Tools” menu. Click “Personal Information Tab”. Use "Settings" to set it to a higher level and set it to “Block all cookies”.
- In case of using Google Chrome: Click the "⋮" sign (Customize and Control Chrome) in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser and select "Settings." Click the “Privacy and Security” tab and select “Cookies and other site data” to set it to “Block all cookies”.
9. Securing Safety of Personal Information
The Foundation shall take the following measures to ensure the safety of personal information.
- Administrative measures : establishment and implementation of internal management plans, regular employee training, etc.
- Technical measures : management of access rights of personal information processing system, installation of the access control system, encryption of unique identification information, installation of the security program
- Physical measures : Access control of computer rooms, data storage rooms, etc.
10. Personal Information Manager and the Department in Charge
(1) Department in charge of customer service
Customer Service : Circle Foundation Office : +82-2-6952-0031
(2) Personal information protection manager and personal information protection dept.
Personal information protection manager : Director of Personal Information Protection
Department in charge of related work : Personal Information Protection Office Tel: +82-2-6952-0031
The user may report any complaints related to personal information protection that occur while using the Foundation's services to the personal information manager or the department in charge. The Foundation shall promptly and sufficiently respond to the user's report. If you need to report or consult about other personal information infringement, please contact the following organizations.
- Personal Information Dispute Mediation Committee: 1833-6972 (www.kopico.go.kr)
- Privacy Violation Reporting Center : (no telephone exchange number) 118 (privacy.kisa.or.kr)
- Cyber Criminal Investigation Division of the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office : 02-3480-3573 (firstname.lastname@example.org) www.spo.go.kr
- Cyber Bureau of the National Police Agency : (no telephone exchange number) 182 (cyberbureau.police.go.kr)